Tuesday, January 12, 2010

TV Tommy

I had the pleasure of meeting Tommy Ivo a few years back at the Hot Rod Reunion. He is hands down one of the most coolest, down to earth and flat out nicest guys I've come across. He stayed out in the hot sun all day signing autographs and telling stories until there was nobody left. He took the time to fire up his FED he had there for the cacklefest and uncomfortably "sit" in the cockpit while it appeared he would shake to death, just to allow fans to snap pictures and point fingers. If you ever get a chance to meet him, I'd recommend it. The Revell model kit of his multi engine Buick powered dragster I had him autograph that day will proudly be on display in my case for years to come.... For a little more on his life and career, Check out: http://www.tommyivo.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment