Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Stretching the legs

In August of 2008 I had a party at my old house. When I woke up the morning after I found that somebody had backed down the side of one of my vehicles...To say the least, I was pissed...Well long story short, after the smoke cleared I was able to get it all sorted out and after shoving the truck into the corner for several months while searching for parts, I took it over to my friends shop in the fall of 2009. The plan was to strip it down to a bare frame and fix a few things here and there while also taking care of the damage done. I ended up doing a lot more than I planned, but in the end it was worth it.

Today was that end. I decided I wasn't going to wait any longer and I pulled Ol' Blue out of the garage it was stored in. I haven't really had a chance to take this thing out and enjoy it since before it was side swiped. Ive had this beast since I was 15 years old and its been my first pride and joy. Ive gone through damn near every nut and bolt on it and overall its been through a few transformations, so needless to say today felt good.

As I drove out into the sun and babied it down the side streets I had a smile on that had been tucked deep away for that near year and a half. After a bit I got familiar again with how the thing handled and I took it up to 6500 and just thought to myself, damn that feels good. Its funny how something you've worked on for so long can just make you forget about everything else that's going on around you, the minute you get it out on the open road....

When I felt confident that I hadn't noticed or heard anything to be wrong, besides a few noisy solid lifters, I turned the radio on and was greeted by the CD that had been in place all that time and the first song was Neil Young's "Keep On Rocking In The Free World".....How fitting

The Damage done
Nothing but road

No comments:

Post a Comment